Every home needs maintenance. A well kept home looks better, sells faster and feels great to live in. There are tasks that need to be completed on a regular basis to keep a home in tip top shape. Summer is a good time to complete needed repairs.
When you fix something at the first sign of damage or problems, you can often save money. Letting a needed repair go will usually cost a lot more in the long run.
We have complied a list of usual items in a home that need repair or maintenance. Check your home to see if any of these items need to be repaired or cleaned:
Porches, Patios and Decks
- Fix any loose, broken or unstable railings.
- Check spa and pool for any missing tiles, cracks or damaged areas.
- Check wooden floor boards for termites or signs of rot and replace.
- Replace any broken pavers.
- Pressure clean your deck to remove mold or dirt before they become permanent stains.
- Clean then reseal concrete or wood.
- Lanai or pool screen cage bolts tend to rust and the cage can become loosened. Replace bolts that have rusted.
Outside of Home
- Pressure clean any mold or mildew on walls, soffits and decks.
- Inspect brick work for any cracks or crumbling.
- Paint and touchup as needed.
- Clean windows as dirty windows can become permanently stained.
- Make sure all screens are intact and repair or replace any that are not.
- Check outdoor lighting and replace any broken fixtures, transfomers or bulbs.
- Inspect hurricane shutters and repair or replace as needed. Remember, they should be serviced at least once a year.
- Check all smoke detectors and carbon monoxide dectors to make sure they are working properly and replace batteries as needed.
- Clean windows inside too as dirty windows can become permanently hazy.
- Clean and inspect ceiling fans.
- Make sure all slider tracks are clean and sliders are sliding smoothly.
- Deep cleaning to remove dirt and debris.
- Check and replace garbage disposal as needed.
- Check toilet tank to make sure water is not wasting and float valve is not rusted as it can cause flooding.
- Check and replace washing machine hose if needed as it can cause flooding.
- Inspect water hose behind refrigerator as it can crack and leak.
- Caulking can deteriorate over time in bathroom and around windows. Re-caulk as needed.
Having a reputable property management and property maintenance company take care of your home or business for you will free up your time to enjoy yourself or run your business.
Jumpp To It is a property management and property maintenance company serving Southwest Florida. Call us if you need any of the repairs listed above or are in need of Home Watch or Property Management services.
We are here to help Whenever and Wherever you need us!