When contemplating whether or not to invest in a home watch service provider for your home or condo you might find yourself thinking, “Why pay for a service when I can have a neighbor stop in from time to time to check on my home?” But then the “what-if’s” come into play. What if a serious issue arises? What if you need someone to take swift action on your behalf? What if your house has a security breach? With all the “what-ifs” your property can quickly become an imposition for a neighbor and a significant drain on your bank account. It’s when the “what-ifs” become a reality that it is important to have an experienced home watch service provider on your side.
When you hire an accredited, licensed home watch service provider the benefits far exceed the cost. Whether your home is a single family or a condo, the benefits can include:
- Regular visits to your property aiding to prevent or lessen property damage
- Creating a presence in your home which may deter squatters or intruders
- Delivering weekly updates with consistent and accurate information during your absence
- Inspecting for leaks, insect infestations, mold, infestations and other potential issues
- Answering alarm calls and working with local authorities
- Providing the upkeep and home maintenance of air-conditioning and heating systems
- Accessing control to third parties (with permission from the owner)
- Addressing any problems with landscapers and lawn services to ensure your home doesn’t appear empty
- Acting as your liaison between contractors, associations, realtors, and virtually anyone that you authorize them to
- Implementing your storm plan
- Providing additional customizable services that may be unique to your home’s needs.
With a home watch service, it is these benefits that will leave you with peace of mind and assurance that one of your greatest investments will be protected and cared for so that when you return home, you enter your humble abode without any surprises.